|Blog application for XWiki|
|License||GNU Lesser General Public License 2.1|
XWiki Enterprise, XWiki Enterprise Manager
XWiki Enterprise >= 1.8
Table of contents
Creating one or several Blogs
By default a recent XWiki installation will provide a blog inside the Blog space. You can use that one or create a new one inside an existing space or as the main content of a new space using the Blog's Management. For that you just need to navigate to this URL: <URL to server:port>/xwiki/bin/view/Blog/Management. A new page will show up asking you to enter:
- The name of the Space
- The title of the Blog
- Select if the blog is inside an existing space or as the main content of that space
After you have filled in the information click "Create". You now have a new blog!
Creating a new Blog Post
There are currently 2 ways of creating a blog post:
- By going to the Blog's homepage and using the "Create a new post" input where you enter the post title and hit the "Create" button:
- Or by using the standard + (create page) button from anywhere inside the Blog page (or one of its children) and by selecting Blog Post as your new page's type:
RSS Feed for the Blog
In order to display the RSS Feed icon on your blog you have to add this line:
to the Blog's Presentation HTTP Meta Information text area. You can reach that by clicking on Administration -> Administer Space: 'Blog Space Name' -> Page Elements.
If you want to provide feeds based on the Blog's Categories then drag the Blog Categories Panel onto your blog's sidebar. You can find that by selecting Administration -> Administer Space: 'Blog Space Name' -> Panel Wizard.
The blog application is used for example on the.
It is also possible to customize the Blog application for specific purposes. You will need some Velocity knowledge to do this, so please check thefor more information.
You can add / change blog categories on the http://<server>/xwiki/bin/view/Blog/ManageCategories page.
A panel that lists all blog categories is also available. You can find it on the http://<server>/xwiki/bin/view/Blog/CategoriesPanel page of your XWiki.
The Blog Categories Panel
A Blog Article
A Blog Main Page
Changing the Style
The blog application uses a Blog.BlogStyle document. In order to modify the Blog's style edit this document in and modify the style as you wish.stored as an object attached to the
Prerequisites & Installation Instructions
We recommend using theto install this extension (Make sure that the text "Installable with the Extension Manager" is displayed at the top right location on this page to know if this extension can be installed with the Extension Manager).
You can also use the following manual method, which is useful if this extension cannot be installed with the Extension Manager or if you're using an old version of XWiki that doesn't have the Extension Manager:
- Log in the wiki with a user having Administration rights
- Go to the Administration page and select the Import category
- Follow the on-screen instructions to upload the downloaded XAR
- Click on the uploaded XAR and follow the instructions
- org.xwiki.platform:xwiki-platform-localization-macro 8.4.1