|An application to manage a mail archive inside XWiki|
|License||GNU Lesser General Public License 2.1|
Tested on XWiki Enterprise 4.4.1
Table of contents
This application allows to persist emails read from configured server(s) into XWiki pages.
If you still want to test take a look at it and maybe contribute to make the final version better. Please continue reading !
This application allows managing a mail archive into XWiki and offers the following possibilities:
- ADMINISTRATE: configure connections to mail servers, mailing-lists, mail types, parameterize the way emails are stored and presented, etc.
- OPERATE: based on what is configured, allows you to create loading sessions, automate them, debug them, etc.
- CONSULT: for end-users, various screens allow to navigate loaded emails (something close to famous nabble, markmail, and so on...)
Thecan also be interesting reading and gives more details about the development progress and link to the JIRA project.
It would be too long to list all of the available screens, so here are some basic screenshots. You should consult thefor more details.
Prerequisites & Installation Instructions
We recommend using theto install this extension (Make sure that the text "Installable with the Extension Manager" is displayed at the top right location on this page to know if this extension can be installed with the Extension Manager).
You can also use the following manual method, which is useful if this extension cannot be installed with the Extension Manager or if you're using an old version of XWiki that doesn't have the Extension Manager:
- Log in the wiki with a user having Administration rights
- Go to the Administration page and select the Import category
- Follow the on-screen instructions to upload the downloaded XAR
- Click on the uploaded XAR and follow the instructions
Once the XAR file is imported proceed to MailArchive.Admin.
- Not possible to specify per-server network proxy
- Many UIs do not manage properly "mail type" multi-valued field
- MailClassSheet uses wrong local url to retrieve emails information
- User Guide screenshots are not the correct ones
- Topics page are created with wrong parent
- Tags assigned to pages for mail types use "name" instead of "display name" value
- Feeds Generator is broken
- Manage multiple types for an email
- Avatar photo of mail author in forum view is not properly resized
- "<<invalid content>>" in forum view mails content
- UI does not manage correctly "From" fields not containing "Personal" part
- Topics Assignment: incorrectly manage mail related to existing topic but having empty reply-to-id and topic id (and non-empty refs)
- Add an UI Extension for the Applications Panel
- Improve mail types feature
- Add possibility to specify network proxy for mail servers connection
- Migrate to recent version of xwiki, and maintain version compatible with 3.5.1 in a dedicated branch
First (beta) release:
- What you can expect to WORK:
- You should be able to configure servers, mailing-lists and mail types
- You should be able to download emails and have them persisted in XWiki
- You should be able to browse the archive, the topics, and the emails
- What will NOT work:
- Display of emails details/headers is broken
- Statistics may be broken or feel unfinished
- Some options/objects in administration part may not be saved when required, so you might have to use "edit objects" on conf pages to force saving of needed values
- Sometimes, parsing of emails break depending on email content, so some mails may not be loaded properly
- Loading UI is unfinished, and for now it's not possible to automate email loading using XWiki scheduler
- TimeLine view does not work
- The "Feeds Generator" does not use configured types, but a built-in list not matching anything useful. By the way, in fact, the "Feeds Generator" is mostly broken
- See open issues in JIRA project
- There may be quite a few others I don't know or remember ...
- org.xwiki.contrib.mailarchive:xwiki-contrib-mailarchive-api 0.2
- coldserenity:tabs-macro 1.0.1