Markdown Syntax 1.0
|Markdown 1.0 Syntax Parser and Renderer|
|License||GNU Lesser General Public License 2.1|
Ideally should be installed in XWiki 8.2M2+. However, can also be installed on older versions, see below.
Table of contents
This version support the features provided by theparser, including Markdown extensions such as Markdown Extras.
Prerequisites & Installation Instructions
We recommend using theto install this extension (Make sure that the text "Installable with the Extension Manager" is displayed at the top right location on this page to know if this extension can be installed with the Extension Manager).
You can also use the manual method which involves dropping the JAR file and all its dependencies into the WEB-INF/lib folder and restarting XWiki.
The installation depends on the version of XWiki you have:
- XWiki >= 8.2M2: Nothing special, works fine without any manual setup.
- XWiki == 8.2M1: If you're installing on Jetty, you need to replace the jython-standalone-2.7.0-xwiki-2.jar JAR in WEB-INF/lib by
- XWiki < 8.2M1, XWiki < 8.1 or XWiki < 7.4.4:
- You need to remove the existing XWiki Markdown JARs that were bundled at that time (and which have been removed in XWiki 8.2M1). To do so remove the following 2 JARs: WEB-INF/lib/xwiki-rendering-syntax-markdown10-<version>.jar and WEB-INF/lib/xwiki-rendering-syntax-markdown11-<version>.jar.
- You'll need to install the extension JAR (and its dependencies) manually in WEB-INF/lib (i.e. as a core extension). This is caused by the following that was fixed in XWiki 7.4.4, 8.1 and 8.2M1.
Also note that when installed with the Extension Manager, the extension needs to be installed "on Farm".
- org.parboiled:parboiled-java 1.1.7
- org.pegdown:pegdown 1.4.1
- org.xwiki.rendering:xwiki-rendering-syntax-xhtml 7.4
- org.xwiki.rendering:xwiki-rendering-syntax-xwiki21 7.4
- commons-io:commons-io 2.4