Definition of a Recommended Extension
Last modified byon 2016/09/06 11:47
A Recommended Extension is an Extension that has the following characteristics:
- Not a core Extension (i.e. not bundled by default in the base XWiki Distribution)
- The Extension is meant for users or admins (but not for developers)
- We don't recommend extensions that are installed as dependencies of other recommended extensions, unless there are end-user use cases for using them directly.
- Actively supported by one or several known persons (i.e. bugs get fixed in a timely manner, questions on the list are answered, releases are done regularly - several times per year)
- Works at least with the latest stable XWiki versions and with the LTS version
- Presents a polished aspect and is easy to use
- Mostly follows
. Important aspects that must be followed:
- Technical pages are hidden
- Extension is registered in the Applications Panel (when it has a user UI)
- Pages are written in XWiki Syntax 2.0+
You can also check the.